All-Nepal Asteroid Search Campaign (ANASC) is a hands-on astronomy program for high school and university students with a unique opportunity to make original discoveries of asteroids. It provides high-quality data to the students to get the taste of astronomical research and discoveries. Prior to each search campaign, two-day workshop is organized in order to familiarize students in a campaign for their successful discoveries!
***Registration Open for our Next Campaign: August 23 – September 20, 2019***
Limited spots! Only highly motivated teams/groups will be provided the opportunity. Register before July 31, 2019. For registration, message us in our Facebook page.
We will close the registration if we receive all quota before the deadline. Please come and check this page for the update! Happy Hunting!
Who can participate ?
Anyone who wants to have hands-on experience to make original discoveries searching asteroid from world-class telescopes can participate in the program. Priorities will be given to high school students but university students can equally apply for the program.
How to participate?
- Interested students need to contact us and we will provide the application form.
- The application form has to be submitted via email before the deadline or earlier with necessary photos and details. If a team submit the form after we receive our full quote we could not register. So, please make sure you communicate with NASO office frequently.
- Each team can have a max. of five participants. Effective search teams are those teams which have team members from the same classes/school. But one can from a team of students from different school. In that case, you can give your team name in the application form.
- If we don’t receive your team name, your school name will be a default name of your team.
Is there any limitation for the team registration for a school/college?
We don’t have restriction for teams from a single school but we prefer to have diversity in our each campaign. So, if we receive two teams from a school, we may choose only one team so that the next team slot will be available for another school/team.
When are the next campaigns?
The campaign runs several times a year. From August 2019, we are taking only fifteen teams each campaign. For the year 2019, we will have following campaigns coming up:
- August 23 – September 20, 2019
- October 21 – November 18, 2019
- November 20 – December 17, 2019
If the campaigns are full, we will mark it with red! If it is orange, that means, it’s filling fast. If it is green, that means slots are available.
What are the technical requirements?
The participating team must have access to computer/laptop with good internet connection and commitment to work seriously. We will be working on the real data so we want the registered team working like a real astronomer/astrophysicist!
If you have any queries regarding this program or would like to sponsor this program, please feel free to send us message in our Facebook page. Thank you!